How To Make Chai Tea
YIELD: 2 servings
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons of Brooke Bond Red Label Loose Tea, Orange Pekoe from India
- 2 cups water
- 1 cups whole milk
- (or substitute unsweetened silk coconut milk, but it won’t be as creamy)
- 4 1/2 - 6 teaspoons of sugar
- (or substitute a healthier sweetener, but it is never the same.)
1 stick cinnamon divided in half
and/or 12 Green Cardamom (pressed and cracked)
- Bring the water and tea to a boil for two minutes, depending on your taste.
- Strain and add the sugar.
- Add the cinnamon, and also the green cardamom if so desired.
- Simmer milk in another pan and stir. (Add a little more milk for creamier taste.)
- Mix the pan of tea and milk together by pouring back and forth in the pans four times.
Makes 2 USA coffee cup servings or 6+ Indian-sized servings.